Thursday, May 20, 2010

Honest Abe

Today I spent the afternoon in Mexico with a new friend named Abraham. After lunch Abraham showed my pastor and me the work that he is involved in there. We saw about 6 churches that are in various stages of construction. It was quite impressive. The churches are not large...in fact, he told us that for some services at the church he is now working at, no one shows up but his family. But he continues to serve nonetheless.
You know, the older I get the more I admire people like Abraham. You can have the superstar pastors and the Christian celebrities; just give me folks like Abraham. No pizazz, no fanfare, just loving obedience and faithful service. May his tribe increase.

1 comment:

  1. I can certainly relate. I had 2 in Sunday school and 2 in mid-week class. And I agree with you Tracy, enough of this bright-lites mentality. I used to think that way myself but now I am fully content to receive what ever God chooses to dish out and be thankful for it. I haven't made it to where I want to go yet, but I sure aint where I used to be.
    You go Abe..........I'm rootn and prayn 4 u

    ReplyDelete