Monday, July 15, 2013

Love Story

If you don't think society is changing at lightning speed, check this out: research suggests that about one-third of all recent marriages began as an online relationship.

Whatever did the lonely do before we all had internet?  Well, whatever we did, and wherever we did it, it meant going somewhere.  But those days are long gone; in this new world, love is just a click away.

Be honest: what did you think the first time one of your friends told you that she had "met" someone online?  I'd bet a hefty sum that it went something like this:  "You did WHAT???  Have you lost your mind???  You aren't going to meet up with that sicko/pervert/ax murderer, are you????"

But that is so 1998.  Nowadays online dating is seen simply as a way to fish in a much bigger pond.  After all, it's not my fault if my soul mate wasn't born near me.  What's wrong with using a little technology to help fate along?

And so we come to this: today I learned that soon there will be yet another online dating service.  The twist?  This one will cater to Christian missionaries.  So, all those guys and gals with a heart for world missions can meet many others who share their convictions.  Call me radical, but I think that's pretty sweet.

You can find out more here.

(As of this writing, the website is not live yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment