Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Colossal Coaster World

It would be rare indeed to find a christian, in the US at least, that has never heard of vacation bible school.  For Southern Baptists, summer without VBS would be like spring without..........well, I don't know what, but it wouldn't be the same.  I've observed through the years that even those who won't lift a finger any other time of the year will often show up to help during VBS.

This year ours kicks off on Sunday, July 14th at 5:45, and runs through Friday.  There's a roller coaster theme this year, so I know it'll be a scream (pun intended).  If you live nearby, you just have to join us!

Addendum:  I just gotta say.......when it comes to VBS teachers, I've never seen a better one than my wife (she and our daughter Allison are the creative ones in our family.  A.J. and I got the brains and the looks).  Though she normally doesn't like to be up in front of people, she thrives during VBS.  She has a wonderful command of her class, the kids love her, and her decorations are always among the best.  And if you lived with us you'd know why: she spends hours on end at home each summer designing them and making them.  I admire that, because I don't have an ounce of artistic ability.  Good thing that opposites attack attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment