Wednesday, January 16, 2013

This Blog Isn't Going To Update Itself!

This year began as the last one ended: with many things that need to get done.  Here are a few things I'm involved in at the moment:
  • I preached the last 2 Sundays at FBC ("3 Reasons You Should Be Reading The Bible").  OK, maybe it shouldn't take 2 weeks to give 3 reasons, but what can I say??  I'm rusty!!
  • We had another good FOCUS meeting last Saturday.  Next step: vision trip.
  • We started a new season of discipleship classes Sunday night.
  • I'll be attending a conference in San Antonio this week on reaching Hispanics (relevant, I'd say).
  • We begin our next semester in our Bible institute next Thursday.  It's New Testament Survey this time around.
  • We're planning a "Super Bowl Apartment Outreach" for next month.
  • We'll be hosting a one-day conference in early March on doing apartment ministry.  
  • Speaking of apartment ministry, we're doing that now every other week at one of our local complexes.
  • The missions camp preparations continue apace.  We're getting regular inquiries about it, which warms my heart no end.
  • We begin a study of Ecclesiastes on Wednesday nights, beginning in February.
Lots of good stuff......I'd appreciate your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment