Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Looking Ahead

Not having anything urgent to write about, I've been a little slow in updating this blog of late.  Suffice it to say that autumn is the time to make plans for the following summer.  I can report that we've make some progress on our Unreached People Group search, but I can't say much here due to the nature of what we are doing.  I also am putting the finishing touches on next year's missions camp.  I hope to have final details very soon.

Last week our staff was away (from the office, at least) for our annual retreat.  I work with a great group of guys.  The chemistry is good, and we enjoy chewing the fat and generally being obnoxious to each other.  Occasionally we talk about church business.  (OK, I'm exaggerating, but you get the idea).  Unfortunately we also played golf.  I'm terrible at it, but it does wonders for my humility.  

On another note, I was asked to write the narration for this year's Christmas musical. Our worship pastor is cobbling together his own musical from various sources, so he asked me to fill in the blanks.  I tell you, it's harder than it looks.  What do you say that hasn't been said a million times before?  Or should we try?  Anyway, I'd appreciate your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment