Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Missions Camp: A Review

"Awesome week!"
"I can't stop thinking about it".
"What a wonderful time I had.....".

These are just some of the comments I received about our missions camp held last week.  None of the campers had been to our center before, so nobody knew what to expect.  But it wasn't long until the proverbial ice was broken, and we were on our way to a most satisfying week.  

Not everything I attempt in ministry goes well, but this missions camp came together beautifully.  The teaching was challenging, the fellowship was sweet, and the ministry projects were a great fit for those doing them.  We were able to introduce folks to local ministries, and more than once I heard someone say that these newly formed relationships would continue.

I also learned that my 50 year old body is not well suited for 14-hour days.  But it was a "good tired", if there is such a thing.  In any case, I can tell you that it's been many moons since I've had a week as gratifying as this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment