Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Beta Conference

Last week I spent 3 days in Austin.  Our state convention, along with the good folks at Lifeway, were putting on a series of conferences for ministers of education.  It was one of the better conferences I have been to.  We were given a ton of resources, along with several good ideas.  It was inspiring and refreshing, and you can't ask for more than that.

On the way back home I stopped by the LBJ Presidential Library.  I'm not a huge fan of his Great Society, but I am a fan of history.  Johnson served during some of our nation's most turbulent years, and his presidency was a consequential one.

Maybe it's just how I'm wired, but I don't know why anyone would want to be president.   Nothing about it appeals to me.  Regardless of party or platform, a president can always depend on criticism, cynicism, and lots of second-guessing.  These men deserve our respect, and our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment