Friday, February 10, 2012

Forever Ruined

I've been a little remiss in updating the blog....humble apologies.

Last weekend I towed our water purification trailer to the disaster relief training in Corpus Christi. We ended up with close to 200 people at the training, including about 10 newbies from FBC. As practice in using our feeding unit, we had to serve lunch to everyone. Menu: brisket and fixings. I'm not sure where they got the brisket, but it was really, really good. I got back in town about 7 Saturday night. All came off without a hitch.

The Bible Institute continues at FBC, and it is going well. Pastor Steve has at least 25 signed up in the English class. Last night we held the first Spanish class. We had 7 in the class, including me. The first curso is Bible Study Methods and Rules of Interpretation. Everyone seemed eager to learn, and there was lots of interaction. And they didn't laugh (much) at my Spanish!

I must say a quick word about the Perspectives class. We continue to meet each Tuesday, with a different speaker each week. Each class is like a mini-revival. I'm never more at home than when I'm around others who are zealous for God's glory, be it here or somewhere else.

I once heard someone say that when a person gets in on what God is doing around the world, he is forever "ruined for the ordinary". O' God, may You ruin many more for your name's sake. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment