Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hogar De Niños

Maybe it's because of my background, but I've always had a tender spot in my heart for small, struggling ministries. If there's one thing that they all have in common it's that there is never enough of anything....money, time, or help. But they keep rolling along anyway, with the conviction that it was God who called them to do it. Well, today I met a woman who, along with a handful of others, operates a small hogar de niños (children's home) about 45 minutes from us in Mexico. They care for 21 children at the moment. The double whammy of border violence and a bad economy has taken its toll. They will be closing their doors soon unless they are able to raise more funds. I post this story here with the hope that someone reading this might feel led to help. If that person is you, please e-mail me and I'll put you in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy,
    I just found your blog. Is the mission still needing money? If so, count me in.

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete